Friday, September 30, 2011

FOR SALE

So our house was on the market for 6 months last year and 6 months this year... yup- that's a total of around 365 days and we still own it. STILL.

The first 6 months was extremely slow- I think we showed it twice. And this go around has had a little more action but no offers. We have probably shown the house around 20 times in the 6 months and have had a couple of second showings. We even got told that an offer was coming but that all fell through. We have been people's second favorite and even people's favorite.

I think we need to buy and bury a Saint Joseph in our front yard.... I still can't believe that Rob and I dug him up 3 years ago and unknowingly threw him away. We need to reinvest and rebury so that he can bring us luck in selling the house.... I am at that point of doing ANYTHING to get a buyer... anything! I would even include a free schnoodle in on the deal (just kidding nuts!)

But this leads me to the point of my post.... we are a pretty solid team, Rob and I. We get a phone call and BOOM we get to work . After 6 solid months of this, we get straight to work; no words,  just work. He does his thing getting the basement cleaned, playroom organized, puts his clothes away and cleans the bathrooms. Like a squirrel on crack, literally, I tackle everything else. When we get a call during the day when Rob is not around to help, that is when I turn into a psycho squirrel on crack TOTALLY overwhelmed to the point of hysteria with two little girls just staring at me. But sure enough it all gets done and the house shines. I am then afraid to walk anywhere and want to leave the house and never come back until it sells so I don't have to go through all this turbo cleaning again.... and then the phone rings another day...

We have a showing tomorrow afternoon- the girls and I will leave and run errands all morning and nap at my parents until it is done- we lead a nomad life style on house showing days! Would you mind doing me a favor; cross your fingers and say a little prayer to Saint Joseph for us, won't ya?!?!?

Much Love,
Jenny

1 comment:

  1. Your perfect buyer is out there! I know it ... let's just hope they are looking this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete