Thursday, March 25, 2010

Jenny vs. Virus

JENNY VS. VIRUS!!!

Ding Ding!!!!

This morning I opened my work email to see that I had sent myself an email last night at 11 pm with the subject heading: anna-marie giori. Within that email I saw that I had sent it to 13 others..... 13 other people that I haven't talked to in YEARS!!! Freaking out that it was sent to everyone in my contact list (which would be everyone I have ever emailed since I was 14 and opened my account) I opened my personal e-mail to see that I had 20 sent emails, with subject lines like anna-marie giori and other first and last name combinoations, and each email was sent to 13 contacts.... that's like over 250 people!

So, after spending the last 2 hours of my morning cleaning out my contact list to include only friends and family that I currently email, changing my email password and the passwords other websites that store personal information and consulting the help from a classfull of 8th graders, I feel a little better about the virus and I think I may have defeated it!

A lot of my students had heard of the Facebook virus (I assume that is what I got) and some said close your account, while most said just change your password. I can't imagine not being JENNY1521.... that name is part of me! It's like my cell phone number that I have had since I turned 16..... Just some things in life aren't meant to be changed!!!!

So fingers crossed that I have beat this virus!

Much Love and Virus Hatred,

Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment