Saturday, March 20, 2010

First Day of Spring

Are you kidding me?????? MORE snow?!?!?! This winter has been a very snowy winter :) Anna isn't going to know what hit her when Summer comes!

And with the first day of Spring comes my ending to Spring Break. Yep- Spring Break!

For those of you who don't know, I started a 8 week long term sub job at my old school in my old classroom for a woman on maternity leave 3 1/2 weeks ago. I am counting down the days... literally... until it is done so I can spend the days once again with my baby girl. Not that it's horrible, but I'd rather be with her- can you blame me.... look at her!!!! We have been really lucky with day care and Anna has been spending most days with Daddy (unless he is studying or doing job search), some at Grama Fimmen's and Kate and others with Grammy and Henry. Since the day care situation is MORE than ideal, it made accepting the sub job much more easy- plus the fact that my plan period is at the end of the day and if I am planned and ready for the next day I leave by 1:30... now THAT'S a deal! Who-hoooo!

Back to Spring Break..... At first we were supposed to head down to Dallas with my parents to see Tom, Carolyn and the kids but Little Tom got sick and we decided not to go and rescheduled for the next weekend. And guess what happened.... Anna got sick! So, after packing our car not once, but twice, dropping peanut off at Grama's (he stayed there 3 days even with us staying in town- thanks mom!), and picking up ear infection medicine we had a stay-cation here in KC. After a dinner at McCormick and Schmidts to celebrate our engagement 2 years ago, enjoying March Madness (Rock Chalk!), major coupon shopping, relaxing without Peanut barking at the air, a trip to the Nelson Art Gallery, seeing some old friends, baking some chocolate chip cookies, dinners at both parents houses and a trip to a nature center (I realized during this trip that nature centers to me are equivalent to how Rob views shopping at a mall at Christmas time... pretty darn horrible!!!), we had a good time and realized that our lives with children will never be the same :)

Anna is growing up to be such a big girl- she turned 6 months on Tuesday! I can't believe that 6 months ago I was in the hospital giving birth.... it's amazing how much you forget in such a short time about the whole birthing process.... amazing! And I still can't believe how happy her little smile makes us!

I wanted to do a blog update because it's been a while...... Rock Chalk!

Much Love and March Madness,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment