Sunday, January 31, 2010

My new hobby!

And it just happens to be something that Rob loves as well!!!!Bonus!

I am a beginning coupon-er! Yep- I collect online printable coupons as well as any coupons I can find on boxes, in the newspapers, in mail, etc.... If it can be used to save money, I am all over it. This all started about a month ago after talking with my sister in law Carolyn who is a stay at home mother of 2 and avid coupon-er. She made me realize that I could contribute to our finances by being an even more frugal and aware grocery store shopper. And then she showed me her amazingly impressive 3 ring coupon binder....... I was sold. SOLD!

Here is a picture of my coupon collection so far.

So off to Wal-mart I went to buy my baseball card pocket organizers for the coupons and a 3 ring binder to house my new obsession, and overnight it had about 10 pages full of coupons. Since then I travel with my coupon binder and bring it into every store with me. One lady complimented my "smart shopping" and "very cool organization system" and told me I made her feel like a "bad" shopper. All I could do was smile and say thanks as my bill dwindled down as the Target check out lady scanned 35 dollars worth of coupons... and I only spent $40 on that trip! I know.... amazing! Plus I got Huggies and Pampers diapers for about 12 cents each and when you can find them for under 20 cents a piece you stock up people... and HOLY stock up did I do :)

So, I thought I'd give credit where credit is due by naming my three favorite frugal mom blogs that have helped me locate all the awesome deals and printable coupons on the internet with ease. Thanks Frugal Moms and thanks to Amy's blog for helping me come across some of these sites!!

Baby Cheapskate
Money Saving Mom
Mrs Buys More and Mr Saves Alot
Coupon Mom


And don't worry- we have an Excel spreadsheet to calculate savings! Right now we are getting our groceries at 71% of cost... my goal is to get it down to 65%. The fact that we buy so many fresh veggies and meat makes it hard to save much more..... but I think I can do it! :)

My favorite deals yet:

$0... also known as FREE!!! I didn't even have to pay tax :)



All under $9.... yep- 6 boxes of cereal (the BIG boxes) and 4 lean cuisines... $8.44!


I think we have enough cereal to last us until summer.... good thing they don't expire til next December!! :) Now all we need is more cupboard space.... that hutch would be really handy right about now :)

Much Love and Coupon Clipping,
Jenny

2 comments:

  1. VERY impressive, Jenny!
    I just left the grocery store and only used my $5 off $75 or more bill. I could have been more productive with my coupons :(

    You might like this site ... http://freesamplefreak.com/ ... I follow her on Twitter. She's shares GREAT freebie deals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bets. I'm obsessed and can't WAIT to check out the website you gave me! Yea!!!

    ReplyDelete