Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pop A Squat

Yup- you read that right.

I don't know if I have completely invalidated my right to be a mother or not, but today I taught my daughter how to pop a squat in the grass.

Let me explain myself.

We had been at Wal-mart and she repeatedly told me she had to go. When we were by the bathrooms I asked and she told me no. Believing her (mostly because it would have been a pain to bring both her and Ashley into a stall) we started our drive home. 5 minutes later she is screaming, "I pee! I pee!" I asked if she could hold it and she screamed "no!!!!" So then I tell her she can pee in her princess car pants and she screamed no louder.......

Worried that she'd get a UTI if she held it too long and thinking that there was a potty in my trunk, we pulled over to a church parking lot off of State Line Road (during rush hour mind you) and I get Anna out of her carseat and pull down her pull ups. I run to the trunk to find no potty- yup no potty..... I try to put the pull ups back on but Anna screamed bloody murder so in problem solving, I resorted to my college days and thought, pop a squat!

Sure enough the little girl mimic-ed me to a tee (no I wasn't peeing too- I was just showing her how to squat) and while holding my hands she laughed as she realized she was peeing in the grass standing up. Pee streaming down her leg she looks at me and says "Yike Daddy! More Pee. Grass!" Luckily no cops saw us to issue a public urination ticket and I had wipes in my car to wipe her legs. All was good.

As we got in the car laughing together at the fact that she had peed in the grass (don't worry she tried to tell me two other times she had to pee in the grass again), then and now I still can't believe I taught my 23 month old how to pee in the grass.....

Much Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment