Tuesday, August 23, 2011

23 months


* Most of the month was focused on potty training (read below for more detail!)
* I know 15 letters and LOVE to point them out whenever I see them: ABCDHKLMNOPSTXY
* I am still obsessed with the Justin Bieber song, Baby and with Barney. Anything in the shape of a heat, circle or the letter B and O I call "Baby O" and start singing "Baby o baby o baby o."
* I still LOVE to dance and have some pretty crazy funny moves!
* Ask me how old I am going to be- I say "DWO!"
* I am talking in a lot of 2-3 word sentences which mommy and daddy understand most of the time. I am attempting to say a lot more words when mommy or daddy ask me to say something and I say them pretty well (I am pretty Dutchy like mommy was!) I am really becoming a chatterbox in places and with people that I feel comfortable with.
* I can get shy around people that I don't know that well. I pull my chin to my chest and stare down at the ground.
* I always have bruises or gashes on me because I am an active little climber who really has no fear. Kisses from mommy or daddy usually make them feel better.
* I am sleeping the same as I have been; both at night and during the day.
* I am using the words "I" and "me" tons while talking about me; I used to always say "A"
* I love arts and crafts- crayons, markers, finger paint, water colors, paint and play-do.
* Loves planes- both in the sky and running around the room flying like one.
* Favorite Books- Tickie Monster and Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. Really loves ALL books. Very into giving one to mommy or daddy to read by themself while sitting next to me reading my own book.
* I am a mimic- just call me mini mommy with all that I do. I am also starting to mimic Peanut and want mommy to throw a ball for me to fetch, do tricks with me and feed me tricks. I also mimic baby Ashley in that I pretend to cry and want mommy to hold me and pat me like a baby while hushing!
* I am becoming super independent and get mad when people do things that I can and like to do- which is pretty much everything.... climbing into the car seat and booster, snapping the snaps on the car seat and booster, turning lights on, opening doors, EVERYTHING involved in going potty, putting on shoes, taking off diaper, picking out clothes, going up and down stairs, letting Peanut in and out to go potty, giving Peanut treats, doing laundry, helping with dinner/dishes, brushing teeth... the list goes on and on and on.
*I classify sizes according to the people in myfamily.

Huge size: I call Daddy
Big size: I call Mommy
Medium size: I call Anna
Small size: I call Baby

Mommy thinks it is especially funny when I do it for my poop once it gets in the potty :) We have daddy ones, mommy ones, anna ones, baby ones and sometimes a couple of each!

I am growing up to be such a big girl! Only one more month of being 1!

Love,
Anna

POTTY UPDATE
I am pretty much potty trained except for during my naps and overnight (still wearing diapers). I have woken a couple of times from my nap with an absolute dry diaper and that makes mommy VERY proud of me! I have been wearing big girl panties (not pull ups) on quick car trips. I am still doing VERY good with pooping on the potty. I can usually get through the day accident free but if I am in a place where I am super excited (like playing with Kate at Grandmas or playing outside) I sometimes don't listen to my body and have accidents. Just recently I have started to climb on the potty by myself; pulling up a step stool to the potty, opening the lid, placing the training potty seat on the seat and them climbing up on the potty backwards to go ALL BY MYSELF. I even wipe (not poopies though). I do have lots of fun with the toilet paper though and mommy has started to stand guard and protect the toilet paper- BOOO! I am also starting to get to the potty with enough time to sit for a minute before peeing or pooping. I am still working on pulling up and down my pants all by myself but am getting better each day. All in all, pretty impressive if you ask us!

No comments:

Post a Comment