Wednesday, August 17, 2011

6 month well visit



Today we went to see Dr. Austin for my 6 month well visit.

She said I looked wonderful and am growing just great. Everything she checked looked fabulous (she checked me head to toe) and she can't believe how big I am getting! She was impressed with how I am still breastfeeding and sleeping so good through the night.

My numbers:
Height: 25 3/4 in- 50 %tile
Weight: 15 lbs- 25 % tile (Dr Austin said there is no need to worry about being in the 25th %tile because the 50th %tile is just 1/2 lb heavier. She said that I am also a very active 6 month old compared to the normal 6 month old! Daddy says I am his little petite thing :))
Head Circumference: 16 1/2 in - 40th %tile

Dr. Austin also found 7 misquito bites on me- looks like I inherited my sweetness from Daddy (he gets bit ALL THE TIME). She told mommy and daddy that when we go outside to rub dryer sheets on my outfit and then tuck the dryer sheet somewhere close by. She says this usually tricks the misquitos- Daddy is going to try it for him too! She also recommended that I start wearing sunglasses whenever I am outside because of my light light blue eyes- looks like we are going shopping tomorrow!

I got 4 shots (one was the flu shot and I have to get another one in 3 months) and a drink.. not fun at all! Anna also got shots and we were both in pain! Screaming and crying; just feeding off of one another. Mommy would be feeding me and Anna would start crying and that would remind me of the shots so then I would start crying.... I was exhausted and took an hour long nap (very long for my 3rd nap) and went to bed early with no fight at all! this growing up is exhausting!

Love,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment