Sunday, December 27, 2009

The 4 days of Christmas

I LOVE Christmas! I LOVE it so much that I didn't mind one bit that we celebrated it for 4 days!!! Since my mommy took so many pictures, I am going to post them in several small picture posts over the next couple of days.....

But I can't leave out a quick recap of my FIRST 4 days of Christmas!!!

On the first day of Christmas (Christmas Eve)..... mommy, daddy and I celebrated our Christmas as a family in the morning (Santa brought me books!) and then went to church with Grammy, Poppy, Grama and Papa. Then we had them (and Henry, Uncle Aaron, Uncle Tom, Aunt Carolyn, Tom and Meghan) over for dinner. Then that night I spent the night at Grammy and Poppy's.

On the second day of Christmas (Christmas Day)..... mommy, daddy and I woke up at Grammy and Poppy's and had a big breakfast with Granddaddy, Uncle Aaron and Henry. Then we opened lots of presents (clothes, toys, books!) The afternoon and evening was spent at Grama and Papa's with Aunt Anne, Uncle Todd, Kate, Uncle Tom, Aunt Carolyn, Tom, Meghan, Bailey, Boomer and Peanut. It took us around 8 hours to open all our presents (more toys, clothes and books!) because things kept coming up. Cousins had to take naps, eat, Uncle Todd had to go help out his dad who was stranded in a parking lot due to the blizzard, Uncle Todd and Papa had to go let Murphy out because it was taking us so long to celebrate Christmas AND we all had to eat dinner sometime throughout all that. It was crazy and will probably be even more crazy next year! We decided to spend that night at Grama and Papa's since we already had everything from the night before.

On the third day of Christmas (the day after)..... mommy, daddy and I woke up at Grama and Papa's and they played in the snow with Cousin Tom. I can't WAIT until I get to play in the snow! Then we went to Grammy's family (The Riggs side) and opened more presents and ate more good food! That night we went back to Grammy and Poppy's and celebrated Christmas with Aunt Megan and Uncle Jeff (Uncle Aaron and Henry were there too) because their flight was canceled on Christmas Eve- we opened more presents then TOO! We spent our third night in a row away from our house.

On the fourth and final day of Christmas (two days after)..... mommy, daddy and I woke up at Grammy and Poppy's house. All of Poppy's siblings and their families came over for a big Christmas lunch and for more presents (more clothes, toys and books!) I was SO tired that I barely saw anyone because I decided to take a 3 1/2 hour nap! This Christmas stuff is so much fun but it wears me out!

I can't wait for Christmas to come again.. does it happen every 3 months?

Merry Christmas to all and hope that Santa was as good to you as he was to me!

Love,
Anna

1 comment:

  1. We had so much fun celebrating your 1st Christmas with you Anna! We love you! Love,
    Aunt Anne, Uncle Todd and Cousin Kate xoxo

    ReplyDelete