Thursday, May 21, 2015

Troupe Tryouts

Today Anna tried out for BV Rec's Dance Troupe. It is an invite only opportunity and you have to go through an hour of tryouts before finding out if you made the troupe a week later.

Well.... she was excited...... (leg pop, pose and all!)


And mommy was a bit nervous. Not nervous in a way that if she doesn't make it I'd be upset (because if she doesn't make it no big deal she will just dance in the classes she's been dancing in) but in a way of I better not say something to put pressure on her and make her nervous. See, I don't want Anna to feel pressure in her activities yet. I want her to continue to do something because she has fun and loves doing it. But if she is hand picked for an opportunity to challenge herself more in the area of anything I will definitely let her do it if she wants to. She simply thought she was going to go to an hour of dance with a different group of girls to learn a quick little routine; she was stoked!!! Little did she know she would be judged....

OR at least I hope she didn't figure that out when she got assigned a number and was asked to wear it during the try outs while sitting in a room full of at least 40 girls and their moms......


......Yes, she was baffled about the numbers. I told her that since so many girls would be in the room that there may be more then one Anna so it's just easier then numbers. And also the other teachers don't know her name so a number is easier to see and say. She seemed to buy into that and didn't pick up anything else...... So overall I think I handled it well. Before she went into the room I gave her a kissing hand and I reminded her that the most important thing was to have fun. And listen to Ms Marilyn :)

After she was done she came out the door smiling. The first thing I asked was, "Did you have fun?" And what do you think she said!?!?! "Oh my gosh mommy, YES!!!! We learned a new routine and I knew some of the moves from my girly girl routine........" I gave her a hug, threw away that number (we made one at home for the pictures above:) )and walked out the door. Make the team or not, my girl still LOVES to dance!!!!!!

In the car I told her I was proud of her for doing such a good job. She says back, "Yea I did a REALLY good job. A REALLY good job mommy. Wait, how did you know how I did, the blinds were closed?"  I just winked. My girl definitely isn't lacking in self confidence these days :)

PS The leg popping and her poses are killing me these days! I have nothing to do with these poses.... she picks them herself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment