Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Last Day of Pre-Kindergarten

Today was Anna's last day of Pre-Kindergarten. She has had such an amazing year with two amazing teachers and the sweetest class possible. She has blossomed so much socially; I am so proud of her. She didn't want this year to end, at all. This morning she looked at me and said, "Mommy, I don't want this to be the last day of preschool. I just love it so much an have so much fun." I told her that as hard as it might be to imagine anything much better then preschool, she is going to have an amazing time this summer and in kindergarten. That seemed to ease things over a bit.

She had a normal school day, ending early with an all student celebration, aka "graduation," ceremony followed by an all Pre-K picnic. Her teacher came up to me during the picnic and told me that while her co-teacher was reading the last book of the school year, she noticed that Anna's eyes were tearing up and saw three little tears fall from them. This girl sure does have a heart of gold :) And is also apparently going to be an emotional mess like her mama :) I asked her tonight if she cried at all or got sad and this was her reply, "Actually I did cry because I was sad that it was my last day at preschool and with my teachers. I won't be back in my room and I will miss them......" Then she starts crying to me again and I calm her quickly by saying she's super lucky in that we will be back a lot next year to pick up Ashley and Abby and she will see her teachers then. She couldn't have smiled bigger :)

Sad day to close on our chapter of preschool but an even more exciting one to begin our new chapter of school. I am also sad to be saying goodbye to the Faith centered curriculum of the preschool. Anna has learned so much about Jesus, God and her faith; things I could have never taught her. I has sparked so much enthusiasm and interest in her; it's been really cool to see her fall in love with Jesus. I am thankful that she will continue to get these teachings through Sunday school but will miss it being intertwined in the daily school day.

 We are so proud of you Anna Banana!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment