Sunday, May 17, 2015

Dance Recital

Saturday continued with the girls Dance Recital. They were both ready and excited. Hair done, make-up on and costumes complete we headed to BV North for their 1:30 recital time. Speaking of make-up.... Ashley just wanted eyeshadow and blush but Anna wanted mascara. And wow... she looked like a 14 year old.... slow down time, slow down!!!

I volunteered in the back room last year and really enjoyed it. So I decided to do the same this year. I was placed with Anna's group. The perk of volunteering in the back is that I get to watch my girls get all excited for the performance and I get to sneak in and sit on the front row to see them perform. Which makes for the best seat to video tape and the best seat in which the girls can easily see me in the crowd.

The girls were crazy little girls in the backroom, so excited, yet so nervous. Ashley's nerves showed a bit on stage but halfway through her performance she really started dancing and singing. So proud of you Ashley!!!!! Anna didn't appear to have any nerves on stage and rocked her number; she even smiled at me once or twice! I was so proud of them... of course my eyes were all teared up. I am such a sappy mess.

Even a sappy mess during the Dad's finale dance that Rob partook in. He had been practicing for 3 weeks and nailed his routine as well. I love you Daddy for doing this for your girls. You have no clue how much they love seeing you on stage :)

As for Abby; she loved watching the recital. I wasn't sure how she would be but she was really into each dance number. When she saw me walk out to sit down or when she saw her sisters on stage she would call out our names and sometimes cry for me. But overall she loved the recital and was well behaved :)

Way to go girls! Until next year.....

SMILE!!!!



GIRLIE GIRL Sass :) I had to ask her to smile in the pics.... as for the knee pop- 100% Anna :)



My Little Dancers


Backstage Beauties





With Anna Scheibel and Lainey


With Brooke :)



Brooke and Mary :)



On Stage!





BRAVO!!!!!!



We had a large fan base!! Thannks Grammy and Poppy, Grama and Papa and the Hortons for coming!





And the recital celebration continued at Sonic the girls favorite Watermelon slushes!!!!!


Look at the mascara- EEK!!!


"Rainbow Fingernails... purple watch...." Her song had these lyrics in it so of course we had to make it happen :)

And Ash Ash chose purple fingernails with yellow flowers to match her costume :)





Telling Papa he's "crazy!!"


After we got home I told the girls to go put their costumes on their bed.... This is how Anna laid hers out. What a crack up!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment