Saturday, May 3, 2014

Just a "normal" Saturday morning :)



Here's the Facebook recap of the morning:

Rob Posts: Enjoyed a lazy Saturday morning watching the 7th game of the 1985 World Series with my girls. Go Royals! Ashley thought it was mean when Tim McCarver called the opposing SP John "tooter". Reminds me how funny I thought it was when another Card pitcher's name sounded like "walking underwear" (at least to a 9 year old boy).

 The replies!!!
  • Rob Stilley Even though I told them it was coming, we got so excited after Darryl Motley's home run that we woke up Mommy. To paraphrase Al Michaels: I don't know how Webster's would define "extreme agony", but how else do you describe being a St. Louis Cardinal at this exact moment in time: down 10-0 and knowing it is only the 5th inning!
    9 hrs · Like · 1
  • Travis Oglesby Hate you. Has it come to this for royals fans to have to allllllll the way back to 85 to find something good to think about! So sad!
  • Travis Oglesby Go allllll
  • Charles Casey Haha. My kids call Hunter Pence "underpants"
    8 hrs · Like · 1
  • Rob Stilley Travis Oglesby, it came to this a long time ago: the Chiefs have the record for most consecutive playoff losses, MU has never been to the final four, and the Royals have gone the longest of any franchise in MLB/NFL/NBA/NHL without making the playoffs. 1985 is all I've got!
  • Rob Stilley Charles Casey, I will never hear Hunter Pence again without thinking underpants and your family!
  • Aaron Stilley Oh man, tooter is cracking me up.
  • Jenny 'Fimmen' Stilley Yes, as I am waking up, I thought Abby started walking or did something else AMAZING because I head Rob screaming "Yea Abby!!!!! Yea Abby!!! Woooo-hooooo!" Rob Stilley was in his glory!
    6 hrs · Like · 1
  • Mary Riggs Stilley They must have been desperate for some cuddle time with daddy to be willing to watch a whole baseball game with you! I remember who "walking underwear" was, but who is John "tooter" really? That Ashley -- John Tooter should meet President Poopin'!
  • Jenny 'Fimmen' Stilley Mom, John tooter is really John Tudor who was the Card's ace that year. I also didn't say they watched the whole game , but they did watch the first three innings or so.
  • Mary Riggs Stilley And so when you say "we" got so excited "we" woke up Jenny, that was really just you, huh?
  • Tim Deveney Wow, that was a long time ago.
     
     
     
     I think Daddy is going to have such a fun time teaching these girls about Royals and baseball :)
     
    Much Love,
    Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment