Sunday, May 25, 2014

I held an alligator

On the way into Gulf Shores we had some extra time before check in so we stopped about 30 minutes north at a place called Alligator Alley.



This places claims to have close to 450 alligators and after visiting, I think they are telling the truth! We saw babies, 1 year old, 2 year old, 3 year old, 4 year olds and the big, big, big ones!! Apparently the biggest alligator named Crunch lives there- and he is HUGE!!!!!!!!! We got to see an feeding demonstration, enjoy some lemonade and walk around the swamp feeding them alligator food! It was pretty cool!










Acting like a 3 year old....














 By "Crunch"
 The empty lemonade cup kept Abby entertained when she grew bored of the alligators- she was really cute responding to them :) And I love the bottom right pic- SO bright in Alabama!!!!

And at the end, we all held a baby alligator!! Yes his mouth was taped shut but STILL! We held an alligator!!!! Anna held one for maybe a second on her own and Ashley almost did too :) I was shocked I got them to touch them (took some convincing on my part- "Girls, you will probably never be able to do this again!!!!! If I do, will you? Come, on it's COOL!!!!")





Much Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment