Monday, May 26, 2014

Crabbing :)

We have been talking about finding crabs since leaving KC and since the girls took almost a 3 hour nap yesterday, it was a prime night to walk the beach at sunset and after. We had to be very patient waiting for the crabs to show up and right around 8:30 we started to find them! Abby fell asleep in the carrier so she didn't get to see the "ghost" crabs!

I thought the girls would "freak out" (that is what Anna said she thought I thought they'd do) but they were awesome. TOTALLY interested in catching them, finding them, watching them and even getting close to them. We did have a minor Ashley freak out when the largest one ran in her direction (almost over her toes!!!)

It was so much fun and I was so happy to share memories of my childhood on beach vacations with rob and the girls. As we were walking in, Anna looks to me and asks, "If I take another good nap can we go find crabs again?!?! And can we swim in the pool at night?"

I sure hope they nap again :)




No comments:

Post a Comment