Wednesday, April 13, 2011

18 month well visit

Today I saw Dr. Austin. From the moment the nurse walked in, I wasn't too thrilled with the idea that it was my appointment.... the last 3 months had all been appointments for Ashley and Mommy and I liked going to those. Mine.... no thank you! I cried when mommy tried to change my diaper, cried when they tried to get me to lay on the scale (mommy had to give me a Ritz cracker), cried when they tried to measure my height and cried until the nurse left the room.

When Dr. Austin came in, I wasn't too thrilled to see her. But I was a very good girl and let her check my heart, ears, mouth, back and bottom all while standing on the table and hugging mommy. Dr. Austin said that I look very healthy and am growing great! She said I was a little thin for my height to weight ratio but isn't cause for concern. She told mommy and daddy that I was advanced in my age physically and also with the words I am saying (they estimated anywhere from 10-25 that I say clearly). She is very proud of the fact that I love running around, that I love outside and that I love whole milk! She told us not to worry that I am not a big breakfast eater.

Then came the shot.... I only got one. And I did awesome! Not one cry or tear!!!! Mommy and daddy were so proud but confused with why I was crying earlier and not then. I am one tough girl :)

Here are my stats!

height: 33 3/4 inches- 93rd %tile (who knows how accurate this is because I was a wiggle wort!!! But we think it just might be pretty accurate)
weight: 24 pounds and 11 ounces- 53 %tile
head circumference: 18 1/4 inches- 50th %tile

Love,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment