Friday, July 9, 2010

The only thing worse then owning one home.....

 .... is owning TWO! OR so my Grandpa Walsh says!!!

Yup- you read right......We have a contract down on a house in Wichita and close on September 16th. (Please pray that KC sells!!)

We were pretty sold on staying in the apartment until the KC house sells but then our dream home opened up.... a dream home that BOTH Rob and I fell in love with! It is located in the neighborhood that I desperately wanted to find a house in, in the cul-de-sac that a couple months back that I told Rob I wanted to live on. It was built in 1997 and according to Rob it looks like it was decorated in the early 1990's (he's right!!!!)

We were having a hard time finding a good backyard that we liked and this on ROCKS!!! It has huge trees (for this area) and faces East and the patio and deck feel AMAZING at night in the shade. I can just imagine us hanging out there :) It is a 5 bedroom, 3 bath house with a HUGE basement. It has a 3 car garage and Rob for the first time in his life will now be able to park in a garage!!!!!! The kitchen has amazing potential once the 1990's wallpaper gets removed. It is huge with awesome appliances, counter space, eating bar, eating area and the hearth area I love!

I am already dreaming awesome dreams about the house once we open many cans of paint, replace many light fixtures and take down the old drapes :)

Here are some pictures from the real estate agents web page!



Much Love and dreaming about my paint colors,
Jenny

2 comments:

  1. Looks so beautiful! If you get it, and if you don't know about removing wallpaper with fabric softener, comment on my blog and I'll comment back to tell you the secret. Lovely house!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks BEAUTIFUL! I see a nice big yard for Mr. Peanut. Will a fence need to go up? I'm crossing my fingers for you & the house in KC :)

    ReplyDelete