Monday, October 14, 2013

Ali's Wedding Weekend

 

2 weekends ago I was in San Diego celebrating one of my best friends from high school, Ali. It was my first Jewish Lesbian wedding and I was pumped to be involved in the weekend (maybe a little too pumped!)

The weekend was amazing. I got in Friday afternoon and went with Ali's dad and great aunt/uncle to lunch at a hamburger joint called STACKED (it was amazing). the rest fo the day I chilled at the hotel with Emily (my other bestie from high school) and her husband Mike and later that night we went to the rehearsal dinner at the hotel and had a chill night (which is what this momma needed).



After an awesome night sleep in the hotel we took Ali for her last stroll as a single lady along the San Diego coastline. It was beautiful. We went to Pacific Beach and had a blast people watching, running in the water, sitting, chatting, watching Emily's husband attempt to surf (he was actually pretty good) and just having fun with two of my favorite people.




My first time touching the Pacific ocean in the United States. It was cold :)

I was pretty excited :)
Yes, I think many people saw my underwear during this leaps and jumps but I really didn't care. I was a FREE woman at the ocean :)
The Bride and Me :)








While walking to lunch we saw a real life pig on the beach. Apparently he's some guys pet. Crazy!!!
 


Cheers to San Diego with a Pacifico- quite fitting, huh?!?!


My first try of a Bloody Mary.... not too shabby.

Then in the afternoon we met up with Ali to get her make up done and headed to the wedding with her.
She looked stunning and oh so happy :)
Then the wedding began....




Smashing glass
The Mrs and Mrs!
Mike and Me
Emily and Mike


And then this is when my alter ego, Harriet, started to come into the picture. All I have to say is, "What a CRAZY, CRAZY night!" I have not seen one of those nights in at least a decade! Yes, it was THAT bad....


Their first dance was to Dirty Dancing.....


It was a beautiful weekend and I am so happy to see another one of my friends married off to someone who makes them so happy :)

Much Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment