Wednesday, October 16, 2013

4 year well visit and flu shots

Last Wednesday I attempted the doctors with all 3 children. It is something I wish to never have to do again; especially when ALL 4 of us were getting the flu shot or immunizations. Besides the flu shot and the fact that Anna and Abby's well visit lasted 2 total hours, the kids did great!

During Anna's 4 year check up they checked her weight and height.

Weight: 38.5 pounds- 75th %tile
Height: 42 inches- 95th %tile

Then they checked her hearing and vision (it was the first time the pediatrician had checked either) and she checked out great! Then she had a full body check and peed in a cup to have her urine checked. Everything
full body checked out healthy and great!

Then after the well check (she had one at the same time Abby did) she got the flu shot. She had decided to go after I got mine and she told me she was going to be brave like her friend, Ambriella who came to school last week bragging about how she had the flu shot. But then Anna saw the needle go in my arm and she freaked out. So Ashley went next, saying that she wanted to go second (she hadn't seen me get the shot). Immediately Ashley starts screeching when she got her shot and then Anna curled up in a ball besides me yelling "I don't want the flu shot!!!" Well, she got it next and the doctors room was full of Anna and Ashley screaming; even paci and bunny didn't work their magic. Then the doctor gave Abby her immunizations and then she was screaming. I tell you what; I was hopeless. I had no clue what to do. But the nurses helped out and took my screaming Anna and Ashley to pick put toys which brought their screams to a whimper. And then we ran as fast as we could out to the minivan and put on a movie. They calmed down instantly! As for mommy, I had a slight head ache :)

Much Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment