Monday, September 23, 2013

Presents Time!

After eating the cake we had about 30 minutes left in the party. So since we have a house full of toys I told Anna and her friends to play in the playroom. That lasted about 2 minutes because Anna kept eyeing her presents. "Mommy, can I PULLLLEEEAAASSSEEEE open my gifts??!?!" Even her friends wanted her to.

So I gave in. Initially we were going to wait until after the kids left because present opening can be so boring for the kiddos so I never talked with Anna about present etiquette. But Aunt Anne stepped in a showed the girls how to play hot potato present opening and they loved it!!! the girls couldn't wait for the music to stop on them so they could give Anna her gift. Thanks Aunt Anne!

As for her present opening etiquette, I was pretty nervous that she would not like gifts and it would show or that she would get something she already had and tell the gift giver that. But luckily she didn't get any presents we already had and avoided the awkward "but I have this" comment. She handled the gift opening really well and even learned to open cards beforehand and not to throw clothes on the ground :) She would give hugs to her friends after she opened their present but when hugs turned into tackles (sorry Mary Eppler) we went with the high five!!!

After Anna opened all her gifts, the girls attacked the presents when I said they could all be opened and played with! They had a blast playing for the last 10-15 minutes of the party with all of Anna's new toys (and I must add that Anna shared VERY well!) She loved every new present (not too big of a fan of clothes!)

Much Love and Thanks,
Jenny



















No comments:

Post a Comment