Friday, December 21, 2012

Week in review

Most of our week was spent like this.






 Laying on the couch watching movies, trying to kick this horrible cold and cough that sneaked it's way into our house. The girls and me; me mainly because I have had several sleepless nights with all the coughing and crying for mommy paired with the fact that the girls are literally glued to me when they feel sick. Anna was sick at first, feeling better by Wednesday to make it to preschool for her Christmas party. But then Wednesday morning is when it was in full effect for Ashley. And it got worse. Today I brought her in to the doctor to find that on top of the cold she has an ear infection and it spread to one of her eyes, making her eye infected. And since this week proved to be another one where my girls REFUSE to take medicine orally (like they literally spew it out of their mouth as we are putting it in) the doctor let us get some shot similar to amoxicillian. The shot hurt her a lot, burned for about 15 minutes, and she just wanted me to hold her as she cried, "hurts mommy, hurts!" She was feeling better as the day went on and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

And to add to my to do list, 2 weeks ago our whole house filtration system busted, spraying water everywhere in the basement. Thankfully I caught it pretty early before it did any major damage. But apparently when I turned off the water supply to the entire house it messed with our washing machine. So my washing machine was out of commission until mid this week leaving me with piles of laundry and clean clothes that aren't being folded because a certain someone wants to be held constantly since she's not feeling good. I have two more loads to do, but the count is up to 11 loads. 11 loads of laundry in a couple of days with sick children clung to you... the pictures don't do justice.
 

So with all this, somehow I managed to get over half my holiday cookies done. Maybe I will finish the rest as the days go on. We will see, our Christmas started this evening with Christmas Eve at my parents, followed by Christmas in the morning.

Much Love,
Jenny


No comments:

Post a Comment