Saturday, December 1, 2012

Thanksgiving Lunch

Here we are helping Daddy make his yearly Thanksgiving contribution of green bean casserole. 



 We also made turkey cookies with mommy.



This year we hosted the extended Stilley side for Thanksgiving Lunch.We had 18 adults and 2 kids, so a pretty full house. But our house worked great.



We had set the tables with Grandma Stilley's china and glassware, the silver my grandma gave me, fancy napkin rings with Thanksgiving napkins and a fun centerpiece. I really had fun using all my nice stuff for the first time since moving into the house. Anna kept telling me that it was the most beautiful Happy Thanksgiving ever.




We loved hosting because we didn't have to drive a far way (in the past we have driven almost 2 hours back and forth to things in the KC area and this year it was a total of 10 min) and we didn't feel restricted by nap time. When it was time, we just disappeared with the girls and put them down. The girls loved playing with their toys while the adults chatted.

It was a very nice meal (my favorite was the corn casserole and cheesecake) and we hope to host again!

Much Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment