Friday, November 9, 2012

Wedding Weekend

I think I may finally be recouped from this past weekend full of weddings. I was in the wedding of one of my best friends from high school, Kelly Prochaska. We also had Rob's cousin Doug (who married us) get married a couple blocks down from Kelly's reception. The only bad thing was that the weddings overlapped so we had to split up the wedding festivities between the two of us. Thankfully since the reception venues were so close, I was able to stop in at Doug and Lori's wedding for 30 minutes and Rob was able to easily join me for the remainder of Kelly's reception. Both weddings were gorgeous and both couples were radiating happiness. Great couples = What a great weekend!

Friday day we had a spa day and got our toe nails and fingernails all prettied up for the big day. Then later that evening, we attended Kelly and Brad's rehearsal dinner at Cafe Trio. Small and intimate, it was a great time that I am sure Rob tweeted non stop about on his twitter account :). Kelly gave some sweet speeches and the food and company were out of the world! Here is a picture of the happy couple to be!

Dinner at Cafe Trip- one of our favorites!!!
The Big Day started at 9:45 in the morning. We all met at the President hotel downtown for hair and make up and some good quality girl time. It was nice and laid back. We headed to the church around 4:30 for the 5:00 wedding and the wedding was beautiful and both Kally and Brad looked so happy. My feet were dying from the high heel shoes I was wearing, but a maids gotta do what a maids gotta do! Besides the feet aching, it was a wonderful and happy ceremony.

Beautiful Bride!
 
 My Buddy and Me!
 

Team BVNW!


We then went on a trolley ride to KCPL to go Bowling, Yup, you heard me right, bowling. We got these nifty socks and had some fun bowling and eating some hot sweet potato poppers (thanks to the scotts!). Jen Hall Scott bowled up all to the ground, but it was still real fun.


This picture below says it best....
 

Here is a pic from her photographer's website- awesome teaser for her pictures. Can't wait to see all of them!

Then we tore up the rest of the night at the reception. some great dancing, food, catching up with friends and a late night pizza delivery at 11. It made for a great night! I loved when Rob showed up because I was no longer a third wheel with Jen and Brian anymore (thanks guys) I actually had my partner in crime!


 the maids



Doug and Lori's

Like I said, I was only at this wedding reception for maybe 30 minutes but the time I was there was great. Doug and Lori lite up the dance floor and they couldn't stop smiling. Super happy couple, super happy for them. Rob did get a few pictures (impressed me when I got with him and saw he had brought our camera all on his own regards.)

Rob and more of the cousins

No comments:

Post a Comment