Saturday, August 18, 2012

Basement

Can't believe it, but we are pretty much done with the basement! And it shocks me to say this (because I thought I wanted a finished basement) but we absolutely love it.

Yes, Rob still needs to build another huge shelving unit for the misc boxes around the perimeter of the basement and I still have to organize my "space" and figure out what to put on the walls of the play area (going to make that tomorrow- can't wait to share what I do!!!)

So, here we are... 2 months after moving in and I say we look darn good!

The "Play Area." Let me add here that the girls absolutely LOVE this space. I am so glad we asked the previous homeowners to leave the carpet for us. We have spent hours down here doing crafts, dancing, dressing up and just playing. I don't think we will end up finishing off the basement for at least another 5 years or so because I love the fact that if they spill paint on the carpet that it's OK!


Baby toys, puzzles and games area
Just chilling area
Dress up corner. Ashley spends way too much time her putting on her jewels!
Arts and Craft Center.... LOVE how we hang recent pictures from ribbons on the walls! Anna could spend 50 hours here.
"Workout" area
TO BE hung and/or spray painted in the upcoming weeks...

Rob's work bench that he designed and built all by himself!
The awesome wood shelving units that Rob designed and built by himself. We LOVE them and he is building one more in the near future
Look at that beautiful clean floor..... sparkling!
Once again..... the floor!!!! We see the floor!!!!! My "area" is to the right of this picture.
THIS weeks mission- prepare for a Fri/Sat Garage Sale!!!! Wish me luck in going through the mounds of boxes in the picture.... doesn't look too bad but there's a ton of stuff!

Much Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment