Friday, April 6, 2012

Rock Chalk!

Does this look like the face of a man who is upset about his season???


I think not! Rock Chalk Jayhawk, I love you!

So we lost the National Championship Game. We are number 2. I used to believe and say that #2 is the first loser (and part of my competitive spirit still thinks that) but WHAT A RIDE this team of "rebuilding year" Jayhawks had! Am I bummed, yes, but not at my team.....

....Which leads me to my point....

I let down my team. Usually I pick them to win it all; no I always pick them to win it all. I usually let me heart choose and most of the time lose in my bracket because they don't win the National Championship Game (except in 2008 when I smoked everyone with my bracket!) I doubted them this year, I really didn't think they had it in them and I thought my picking of them to reach the final four was a long shot.....BUT... I have a confession.... One that is very hard for me to swallow. I picked Syracuse to win it all; to beat KU in the final four and to win it all. YES, SYRACUSE! The team I hate more then Missouri and North Carolina combined (well, maybe not but it's close!) I did not stay behind my team when they needed me and boy did they prove me wrong...

My team did not let me down this year; I let them down. Even if they hadn't made it past the first round, I still would have let them down by not believing that they COULD win it all. This team proved that even in a "rebuilding season" you could have a chance at winning it all. Maybe the purpose of this season was to remind me and others to always be a "believer" and pick your team regardless of what you may win or lose ($$$$) in the bracket pool. We may fall short of the championship every year for the rest of my life but you can bet MY bottom dollar that KU will always be written in permanent sharpie in the champion spot on my bracket!

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, I love you!

Much Love,
Jenny

PS Below is a picture from when we watched the Final Four games at the Horton's. (Yes my daughter is naked; she likes taking off her clothes if they get the slightest wet. We are working on how it is only appropriate to be naked at home.....) Anyways, I had to leave the party at half time to return to my "lucky" couch and it led to a come from behind victory over Ohio State. Just wish the lucky couch would have worked in the final game against Kentucky.... Oh well :)


 PSS Does any MU fan want to fill me in on what team they were routing for in the championship game??? I asked Rob but he didn't tell me..... I kind of chuckled thinking MU fans were in quite the pickle this year deciding who to cheer for this year in the final game; either the team that has historically continued to beat them in the Big 12 OR for the team that WILL soon historically continue to beat them in the SEC. Tough, tough, tough decision. Glad I didn't have to decide that one :)





No comments:

Post a Comment