Thursday, January 14, 2016

Sharing Bedroom!

Right after Thanksgiving, 3 three girls moved into one bedroom together.




And as a result earned their own upstairs playroom in Abby's old room.






And so far they love it!

Now we are in a good routine so bedtime is much easier then it was at first. One of us will put down Abby as the other one puts down the girls. We haven't switched much about the big girls routine, just Abby's has changed. And after some time of adjustment she's done great.

At first the only person Abby would want to put her to sleep was me. And it was hard. Rob would get the big girls down and I would still be rocking Abby until the big girls were asleep because right when I would put Abby down (being that she hadn't fallen asleep on me) she would call for me for 10-30 minutes. Luckily the big girls are hard sleepers and would never wake up.

As the month went by I would gradually leave Abby earlier, sometimes when the big girls were still awake. Abby would continue to call for me. Looking back I have NO CLUE how the big girls stayed so calm and loving with her during this change. There were a couple times when they would come out and get us to tell us Abby keeps talking and we (usually mommy because I was the one Abby wanted) would go in and rock her until big girls were asleep. And then I would put her in her crib where she would call for me until she fell asleep.

Once she would be down, she would sleep so well. The only challenge was putting her down in this new and awesome room with her sissies.

Lately we have been cutting back her nap to just at an hour or less so that she is ready to go to bed at the same time as the bigs. And I have been putting her in her crib earlier and telling her I am on the floor when I am actually cuddling with the bigs for a little bit. As she calls me I answer saying I am on the floor and going to bed. Then after getting big girl cuddles down I sneak out. So far this has worked.... it's a good thing my girls like their room dark at night :) We are also working on her being ok with Daddy doing the entire night routine instead of switching towards the end to Mommy.

They are getting used to this routine more and more and we are actually able to get them down with one parent in charge. Amazing, I never thought we would. But they really are good kids!

When the morning comes, if Abby is up then the others are up because of her talking with MyMya (her baby doll) or calling for me. Luckily Abby usually sleeps the latest so it rarely occurs before 7:15 or before the other girls wake up.

They love their room and are so glad Abby is with the big girls now. And Abby loves every minute of it too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment