Monday, January 4, 2016

Birthday on the Plaza

This year for my birthday we decided to do someting different.

Ever since I was 18, my family and I have been going to the Plaza for happy hour. But ever since having 3 kids, it has just gotten hard. The years when it was just Anna and Ashley we managed at the Plaza but once Abby came in the picture it wasn't worth it so we instead did a happy hour in OP. Well this year I was craving some Plaza lights on my birthday and decided to get a hotel rom at the Intercontinental overlooking the Plaza lights.

Mom, Dad and the Horton's didn't hesitate a minute to get a connecting room to us. So we enjoyed an entire evening, overnight and into the morning celebrating my birthday. We had upgraded the the conceirge and had access to their lounge which had free apps, drinks, desserts, juice, breakfast, etc. It was definitely worth it for this crew of 10 of us!!!

Most the night of my birthday was spent in the lounge talking and enjoying the lights. Anna did convince us all to get bundled up in our coats and go for a 7:00 stroll on the Plaza. Besides a too longer then neccessary stop at Bath and Body Works to check out their amazing deals, the walk was worth it!!! Then we completed the night with pizza delivery from Pizza 51 in our rooms.

LOVE my birthday, LOVE my family. LOVED this night.

Then the next morning we ate breakfast, each girl took their own personal bubble bath, headed downtown to meet Rob in getting the girls passports, ate lunch at Tomfooleries where they gave me a sparkler in a Twinkie for my birthday dessert, walked the Plaza and then headed back to my parents for a NYE celebration.

The party never stops!!!!!




Our View











No comments:

Post a Comment