Monday, January 25, 2016

Restaurant Week

This past week was restaraunt week in KC and did we take advantage of all the yummy food? You bet we did!!!! And we tried all new (to us) restaurants!!!!

We kicked off the week with a dinner at 801 Fish with the best neighbors. Rob rates this as the best meal. I rate their blackberry cobbler as amazing. Rob's chowder was also amazing.


To celebrate Rob being off work on MLK day, we got a sitter and headed to Sullivans. So so yummy. The blue cheese wedge was amazing, so was Rob's lobster bisque. YUM.


Then mid week on Wednesday we surprised Anna with a trip to the Plaza to eat at Gram and Dun over Daddy's lunch break. Anna decided to forgo the children's menu and chose from the restaurant week menu. She thought she was so fancy. Anna picked the most amazing sweet potato soup and I really liked my burnt end grilled cheese. Anna now ranks this as one of her favorite placs to eat :)




Believe it or not... Anna ate more of her burnt end mac and cheese then Daddy!!!!



Yesterday I took my grandma out to eat at Rye. We both ordered fried chicken and lemon merienge pie. YUM. We had a great time!


Then to end the week over glutney, Rob and I went to The Majestic. And had the most amazing pecan bar dessert ever made in the history of man. Yes, it was that good. Thanks Grammy and Poppy fir watching the girls!


So, so, so much fun! We have to get out more and do this more often :) As for my favorite, I think I would have to piece it together as follows:

Best salad- Blue Cheese Wedge at Sullivan

Best soup- Lobster Bisque at Sullivan AND sweet potato soup at Gram and Dun

Best Appatizer- Muchrom caps filled with beef and cheese at The Majestic

Best Sandiwch- Gram and Dun Burnt End Grilled Cheese

Best Pasta- Gram and Dun Burnt End Mac and Cheese

Best Chicken- Rye

Best Seafood- 801 Fish crabcakes and Salmon

Best Steak- Sullivan's NY Strip

Best Beer Tenderloin- The Majestic

Best Pie- Lemon Merienge at Rye

Best Fruit Dessert- Blackberry Cobbler at 801 Fish

Best Bar Dessert- Pecan Bars at The Majestic

As you can tell, I kind of liked everything I ate :)

No comments:

Post a Comment