Monday, January 4, 2016

One Tough Cookie

Yesterday we went to get Abby's blood drawn for her 2 year old well apointment (yes we are 6 months behind but it happens:))

I was prepared for the worst because Anna and Ashley were screaming before we even entered the room where the blood was taken. But folks we have a tough, tough cookie here. Not a peep was made until after the needle was put in her arm and the nurse started moving it around to find the vein. Then she cried... no screaming, no resistence, just cry. Luckily the blood sample went fast and a lollipop was in her hand in no time.

This is seriously one of my least favorite things ot do as a parent; watch my children give blood. It may top potty training. Apparently Rob said I was doing deep breathing exercises in an attempt to stay calm during the process. Yup... there is a reason he is the one who has her on his lap and I am just the one holding down her arm in the sample....

So proud of my brave and tough little cookie. Hopefully we don't have to do that anytime soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment