Friday, September 18, 2015

Poor Nuts

Around 3 weeks ago (man time has flown and I am so behind on this blog, on cleaning, on everything!!!!) I took peanut in to get some teeth pulled. Long story short, poor nuts had acquired intensive tooth decay that spread into a form of bone disease which spread throughout his mouth effecting a lot of teeth. And they had to pull 17 teeth. 17.

My first reaction was- I am a horrible, horrible mom. Poor nuts..... will he be able to ever eat? Will he have any teeth left? Turns out poodles have a history of tooth problems and especially in poodle mixed breeds. That made me feel a little better but come on.... 17? Luckily dogs have 42 teeth and Peanut still has 25 good teeth hanging in there. Now we just have to take care of those 25 much better then we did the 17.

We love you nuts and so sorry you had to go through this. He was a trooper. The first day home was tough; he looked horrible. The girls handled it hard,I handled it hard. But he had to be feeling so much better then before. 17 teeth pulled.... most of them just barely hanging on. Poor poor nuts.

We love you buddy.




The girls decorated his nook in my room with get well soon signs and pictures they made him while we was away at the vet.



No comments:

Post a Comment