Friday, September 18, 2015

Ashley's First Couple Days of School

Ashley was over the moon excited to go to the Blue Room with Mrs Hawk and Cronin this year; over the moon. With several of her friends in her class from last year and knowing that her sister loved this room, drop off and the entire day went smoothly. Apparently she arranged a Monster High play date at our house with one of her new friends, was totally engrossed in art work and was overly complimented on her handwriting by her teachers. This kid was 110% smiles (and tired) at pick up :)

The second day went just as smoothly. When I dropped her off she asked that I pick up Anna first (they get out of school at the same time) so she could stay longer and play. I didn't even question it, for Ashley to want to stay somewhere without her family is huge. Wow is she growing up.

Now the third day was another story. Crying, getting pryed off my leg and screaming after I dropped her off made for a hard morning. It was also the morning we found out one of her teachers had taken a job at Blue Valley effective immediately and I think Ashley also picked up on the tension around that issue. But luckily that's been the worst. At pick up she was awesome and once again talking about how she never wants to leave!

I am lucky. My Ashley likes school. And get this... she even talks this year to her friends and teachers :)


 

Of course made sister Anna something :)

No comments:

Post a Comment