Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Weekend Art Project

Last week when Anna came home from her swim meet with her ribbons she had no place to display them. She tried to take Abby's hook she isn't using in her room but Abby would not allow that. So I told Anna we'd make something instead.

I showed Anna an idea I found on pinterest and we decided on the saying, Peace, Love, SWIM. She picked out the peace sign, the heart and the font/color of the words. She went with me to the copy store to copy the transfer and even went to the home depot to pick out hooks that she decided earlier HAD TO BE painted rainbow. Then we got home and got to work. She applied the transfer medium, help me lay the tranfers, flatten the bubbles and after 24 hours she helped me rub the paper off. She painted the hooks and told me she trusted me to screw them in while she was sleeping.

And here is the finished product; we love it! I looks even cooler with her ribbons hanging :)



I forgot to mention. At the very beginning she was nervous that her friends the Scheibel's didn't have a ribbon hanger either so I told her we could make them one as well......


So much fun crafting with my girls :)

No comments:

Post a Comment