Sunday, June 7, 2015

First Fridays

This past Friday we hit up First Fridays in the Crossroads district. Jim and Mary were so kind to take the girls overnight so we could have a date. We originally thought about going to the Royals game but thought we'd do something different.

And I am glad we did.

We hadn't been to First Fridays in over 5 years ad boy has it grown. More art, more studios, more sidewalk vendors, more food trucks, more people, more music and more fun. We started the night eating dinner on the patio of Lydia's and then spent the rest of the evening strolling around the crossroad. We ran into my friend Annie from HS and college (it had been a good 10 years since I saw her last), my good friend Wes from College (he has his own art studio there) and my good friend Ashley's parents Cheryl and Rick! We even sat and watched a band of young boys play some really good music for quite some time. And then to end out night we went out for a drink with Rob's cousin Doug who we hadn't seen in some time. It was a great night.


Some lady convinced Rob that we had to make art.... Rob said it was fun at first but once it started to feel like we were doing her work he was done. I thought we created a pretty cool creation (of course I anally retentively told Rob what and where to color).


My fave picture of the night


Love date nights like this so much! Thanks again Jim and Mary.

No comments:

Post a Comment