Monday, June 1, 2015

Swim Team!

This morning Anna had her first swim team practice. She is swimming on a nearby neighborhood swim team called the Neptumes. The 5-8 year olds have practice Monday - Friday from 8-9 in the morning with meets every Wednesday starting at 4:30.

Even though it was 62 degrees when we pulled into the parking lot this morning, she still had a blast!

The coach talked with them and lead them through stretches. Then they got in the pool (which was heated to 82 degrees) and swam laps; freestyle and backstroke. Every time Anna would look at me I would ask, "thumbs up or thumbs down." And every time she gave me a thumbs up with a big old smile!! This gave me a sense of relief since I don't want her to feel forced into doing swim team; it was her decision after all. I just don't want to put her in a situation where things aren't fun at such a young age.

I am excited to watch her grow through swim team. I don't think she will learn much in the area of strokes (outside of learning from watching the older kids) but I do know that she will become a much stronger swimmer in the water. But really, I just want her to enjoy it and have fun :)

And what is she most excited for? Swimming with her friend Anna Schiebel and Friday swim days when half the practice is devoted to doughnuts and play time :) Wouldn't any 5 year old be?





OH and don't worry; tweedle dee and tweedle dum had lots to occupy them during practice!



No comments:

Post a Comment