Thursday, October 16, 2014

Rob's Disney World (ALCS game 4)

I can not count the number of times I have over heard Rob mumbling to himself about how he hopes that the royals make it to the playoffs sometime again in his LIFETIME. His lifetime folks. Not the next 5-10 year; this man was hoping sometime in the next half century.

Well a couple week ago his dream came true. And not only are the Royals playing in the post season but they are in the World Series!!!!!!!

The last time this happened was when Rob was 9 and he has told me his memory of Game7; the Royals winning in a game where he begged and begged his parents to let him stay up and watch. Well this time I wanted to make sure he got to experience the post season not just by watching the TV (at my parents since we don't have cable) but by being there. An we wanted his dad to partake in the festivities as well.

So last night Rob, Jim and I went to game 4 of the Royals ALCS. And it was amazing. They had won the last 7 (7 straight) playoff games and winning this game would put them in the World Series and make them the first team in the history of baseball to win the first 8 post season games in a row. And they did it.

The weather was perfect baseball and tailgating weather. Since the game was at 3 we had a tailgate lunch(Jim got interviewed by a local TV station) and got into the stadium early. The place was electric; it was so cool seeing Kaufman stadium so alive. This entire city is backing this team :)

The game itself wasn't full of too many hits/steals/major plays but it was an intense game; I was literally on the edge of my seat the entire time and Rob repeatedly said how nervous he was. And then they won..... it was amazing. I am so glad I could share this experience with Rob; it really was priceless :) I even brought with us a slice of apple pie for a mid game snack since Tippins caramel Apple Pie has become quite the tradition at my parents house during Royals postseason games just in case it was the apple pie creating all this "Royal Magic!"

We made a sign that said "This is my DisneyWorld. #HappiestPlaceOnEarth" but crown vision never showed it :( I still think it was the best sign there (or at least a close second to the one that said I just got Moose Bumps!)

Next Stop: World Series vs San Fran Giants. Rob has plans to go to one of the games here and plans are underway for him to make the trip out to San Fran to go to 1 or 2 games with his friend from Vanderbilt. How can I not encourage this?!?! When it's his Disney World?!?!?!
















A great big beer helped take the edge off :)
Lucky Apple Pie (Yup, I am a bit superstitious!)

Perfect view. Perfect day. Perfect Game :)




They did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






1 comment: