Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Ashley swimming update

Ashley has come a long way this past month...

During her second swim lesson, she swallowed some water and completely freaked out. The next lesson she did not want to do and while in the water with coach she is screaming and crying as she asks her, "Why does mommy (cry cry) make me (cry cry) do swimming lessons (cry cry) when I don't (cry cry) like them?" Butr no worries; 20 minutes later after we have changed clothes and watch some other kids swim she looks at me and said, "I had so much fun at swimming today mommy!" These kids baffle me sometimes!

The last 2 lessons coach has spent trying to get Ashley to trust herself and to rebuild the confidence she had during the first lesson. And she is doing great!!!!!!!

This past lesson coach dunked her twice and get this... no tears and she even gave a half smile!!!!!!!!! She loved telling everyone how she blew bubbles under the water and how she jumped in the water off the edge without crying. My guess is that in the next 2 lessons she will be bubble safe like her sister and able to play before/after lessons.

And the most awesome thing about the last two lessons is that I haven't had to bribe her with a doughnut to listen to coach and no tears!!!

Much Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment