Saturday, December 14, 2013

Pinterest EXPLOSION!

Okay. I admit. I love pinterest. I love crafts. I LOVE the fact that my girls like to do crafts.

BUT WOW I never really realized how much they LOVE making crafts until 24 hours ago.....

It all started with the painting of the wrapping paper (previous post) and then things got out of control! Anna had come to me while Ashley was sleeping and wanted me to make a Christmas craft with her. I said okay and then got out handy dandy pinterest to help us find an activity. Well the child fell INSTANTLY in love with pinterest and started pointing out over 20 items she wanted to create.

Don't you worry..... well being the sucker mom, who lets her children paint with acrylic paints, I couldn't stop them. Anna created 6 crafts easily while Ashley took her hour nap and then when Ashley woke up she wanted to do the same crafts and then some 5 or so more.... this continued through the evening, into the morning and during the evening tonight. We are also continuing with a couple more ornament crafts tomorrow (the ones we do every year). It is a pinterest weekend EXPLOSION and not going to lie I am getting a bit of a craft burn out!!!

I haven't counted how many we created but I did manage to get pictures of almost all of their creations. And I bet you are wondering where the creations are now??? They are hanging up all over my house :)

OH and what did Abby do this entire time (except for when Daddy was home with us)??? She was the perfect baby she always is and sat on the counter fat and happy watching us craft while trying to come up with ways to somehow reach the glue sticks.... :)


Much Love,
Jenny

Anna's handprint Tree Wrapping Paper and Rudolph face wrapping Paper

 Ashley's Rudolph on the left; Anna's on the right
 Ashley's angel and thumbprint candy cane
 Ashley's marshmallow snowman.... I just love where she put the eyes and the mouth.... likes like something else to me :)
 Anna's paper line tree wrapping paper
 Olaf the snowman wrap (Ashley's on left, Anna's right)
 Ashley's snowman... she wrote the letters herself :)
 Anna's hand print wreath (or mommy trace my hand and make it for me please!)
 Anna's angel and thumbprint tree
 Anna's thumbprints candy cane and name snowman
 Anna's marshmallow snowman
 They loved this activity and ate up all the left overs!!!!

 Ashley;s beaded candy cane (she made two)
Anna's beaded candy cane and pipecleaner wrapped one- she was amazed to see that when you put them together it formed a heart!!!! So now they hang on our tree in the shape of a heart :)

 Anna's drawing of Olaf from the movie Frozen while I worked with Ashley on a couple of things
Baby Jesus in a candy cane
 Anna's nativity coloring
 Ashley's Nativity coloring
 Anna's paper doll shoebox nativity
 

No comments:

Post a Comment