Friday, December 27, 2013

Foot "Surgery"

 
 
A week ago I had cryoanalgesia done on my plantar faciitis. It is pretty much is a pain-relieving technique which uses cold to treat nerve pain. What they did was use Novocaine to numb the area of worse pain. Once numb they made a tiny incision to fit a small probe into my heel directly on the area of most pain. Then they use 70 degree Celsius air to freeze the nerves on the plantar faciitis for 3 minutes, let it cool for 30 seconds and then freeze it again for 3 minutes. It was a pretty painless procedure except for the initial shots of Novocaine which made me twitch a bit even though I was holding my mom's hand :)!
 
Once the procedure was done they wrap it in a bandage which was supposed to be kept dry for 24 hours. I was able to put on my shoes and walk. They just asked that I try to stay off my feet as much as possible the first 3 days. Thankfully my mom and mother in law were able and willing to watch the kids on that Friday until Rob came home and then he handled the kids the rest of the weekend.
 
Right now my foot feels better but it is pretty sore. When I had the surgery I ranked it at a 9, now I would say it's a 5. The doctor kept stressing how important icing and stretching is and I have been trying my hardest to keep those two things up. I am constantly wearing my new shoes for support. I really have high hopes this is going to work.... I really hope it does. My doctor says that 2 weeks after the procedure I should feel 50% better and slowly it continues to get better and better. I just wish it was immediate!!!!
 
Much Love and I never want plantar facilities again!!!! I'm too young to have foot problems!
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment