Thursday, December 12, 2013

5 years

It's kind of funny how all the posts about Rob and I are almost a month behind on the blog. But better late then never, right?

We celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary on November 22nd. Rob came home expecting to find me and the girls waiting to make pizza and watch our wedding video. He surprised me with flowers and I surprised him with a surprise dinner. His parents had taken the girls for a sleep over (Thanks!) and my mom had come over to watch Abby (Thanks!)

As we are leaving the house at 4:45 for a 5:00 dinner, I ask him where he thinks we are going for dinner and he names J.Alexander's. I couldn't believe he guessed that because that was where we were going to get dessert and try their carrot cake. And then he changed his mind and said J. Gilbert's. I should have never let him guess!!!

But we had a great dinner. They seated us by the fireplace (I had kindly requested that seat on open table), given us both complimentary champagne for our anniversary and then surprised us with a free dessert at the end. And to make it all even more awesome, I had a $25 coupon (Thanks Mom!).

It really was a great way to spend our anniversary even if we were back home by 7 to put Abby down to bed.

Much Love,
Jenny

PS With the 2 big ones at a sleepover we got to sleep in until 8 that morning when Abby woke up..... HEAVENLY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment