Sunday, December 8, 2013

6 months old

Happy 6 months old to me!!!




Here's what I've been up to lately!
  • I am sleeping pretty well. For the first 3 weeks of this month I was napping awesome; taking 2-3 1 ½ hour to 3 hour naps a day and then sleeping 12 hours at night with one wake up. The last week I was sleeping through the night and that threw off my naps to where I was taking 3 naps around 45 minutes to an hour each. I am sleeping completely unswaddled on my back in a sleep sack.
  • I love food. I have tried apples, pears, blueberries, peaches, nectarines, prunes, carrots, bananas, sweet potatoes, acorn squash, tofu and ground beef. I love it all! I start grunting and kicking when I see mommy preparing it or when I am getting my bib on. I nurse every 4 hours or so and eat solids for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
  • I still LOVE tummy time and scoot around in full circles on the floor. I am also pushing myself backwards quite aways while on my belly.
  • Mommy is pretty sure I have said hi and mama. I am starting to wave hi at people.
  • I am sitting up on my own but still topple over after 15-30 seconds.
  • I am chewing on EVERYTHING I can get my mouth on!
  • I respond to my own name. I light up with a huge smile when someone says, “Abby!”
  • I laugh out loud.
  • My favorite song is You are my Sunshine
  • I am getting better and better at standing on my own. While leaning on things I can stand for quite a long time without mommy or daddy helping. My legs are getting so strong!
  •  I am really playing with toys now (mostly grabbing them and bringing them straight to my mouth!) I love the play band, squishy books, shape sorter, my monkey chew toy, jumparoo and exersaucer.
  • Mommy and Daddy have put away the swing; they don't remember the last time I was in it. It's not that I don't like it, it's just that I don't need it.
  • I kick when excited
  • I love to give people hugs when they ask me (I started doing this one night when Grama babysat)
  • *I love pulling hair; especially mommy's

Love,
Abby

1 comment: