Sunday, January 27, 2013

Weekend Home Updates

It's been a while since we've done anything around the house besides paint, but with the gorgeous weekend we had, we started back at the TO DO list. Rob trimmed the front evergreens and trimmed the bottoms of the 20 pine trees we have lining out backyard and did a Lowe's run for wood to start building shelving and other organizational units for the garage (we are super excited to get this accomplished before spring!) As for me, I FINALLY got the item that has been on my TO DO list since before we moved in.... and it literally took 20 minutes. I spray painting the brass that is on our hearth room fireplace. And it looks so much better!!! I also assembled the last 2 of our 6 kitchen chairs, cleaned the house and made hand print ornaments that I have meant to do since the beginning of Christmas. It felt good to get these things off the list!

Here is the before picture taken a long time ago before we took down the drapes and painted the walls. I thought about taking a before picture when I was halfway done disassembling the fireplace and I wasn't going to reassemble it for a pic. So this will do!

And here is the fireplace now!

I will have to take a picture like the first one with the walls painted, but I am still tackling what to put on the HUGE wall space and on a mantle that has a huge window above it. Any suggestions?!?!?

Much Love,
Jenny

PS And here I am at 22 weeks..... gotta start painting the living room.dining room.foyer and hallway ASAP before this belly gets any bigger!

No comments:

Post a Comment