Monday, January 7, 2013

It's A.....

 
I headed out to Party City 8 pm Friday night to have them fill a box with 3 pink or blue balloons. The color of balloons is what I didn't know. The lady who did my sonogram wrote down pink or blue, depending on the gender, on a piece of paper and then stapled it. Rob and I managed to go 5 hours (until we handed it over at Party City) holding onto that paper without looking at it. We had NO clue. Rob had heard the technician say a "he" during the sonogram but wasn't sold on if she meant it or not.

Super excited we managed to sleep and woke up the next morning ready to find out the gender at the reveal brunch! Me being 99.9% positive it was a boy wore a blue dress. Rob on the other hand thought it was a girl and wore pink BUT wore a light blue shirt underneath...... hummmmmm. Anna choose blue since she has been saying it's a boy the whole time and Ashley choose pink for "sister."





I had made a french toast casserole and an egg casserole (thanks pinterest they were AMAZING!) and headed to may parents house for the brunch. I started decorations the Thursday before during nap time and finished up with the girls that afternoon so the decor was minimal but lovely. I really liked the decor. I laugh everytime I see the banner "Waddle it be?" Cracks me up!






The Horton's. The Aaron Stilley's, Jim, Mary, Mom, Dad and Gigi were all at the big event. Here's pictures of the pretty evenly picked Team Blue (9 people) and Team Pink (8 people if you count my mom twice). My mom cheated and wore both colors :)




After brunch we all went into the great room and the girls got ready to help open the balloons. We counted backwards from 10 and Anna was SO EXCITED! Not going to lie, so was I. It was a really cool way to find out the gender :) As we are opening the box I see what looks like a pink balloon and on it I see a G (It's a Girl). I couldn't believe it. I had to look at those balloons a million times before believing that it was a girl. Oh and to make sure that some punk at Party City wasn't pulling a prank on us, the sonogram technician had written the gender somewhere in our notebook. I run to double check and sure enough, girl! It's a girl!!!!!!



















We are super, super excited to add more pink to our house even though I am still utterly shocked that I was so wrong with how I felt. Oh well, the Chinese calendar was wrong too :) In fact I think my dad was the only one who was 100% confident in his color choice (pink). I asked him why he was when it was all over and he responded, "If there's a man who can handle 3 girls, Rob Stilley is his name." Dad, I think you are VERY right :)

Since then, whenever we talk about the day Anna gives me a sad look and says, "We wanted blue." I try to explain to her that we thought that the balloons were blue and that we wanted blue or pink. She doesn't get it, looks at me again with a frown and says, "We wanted blue mommy." And also since then she likes to play the game, what color do we want and asks you this with spoons, cups, etc. And when I ask her what baby stilley is in my belly she responds, "Pink!!!! Baby Pink!" Oh no, I wonder if she thinks a pink balloon will come out of me :)

Much Love and 20 more weeks to meet Baby Girl Stilley,
Jenny

1 comment:

  1. this is so awesome! the pics are priceless! and the comment your dad made about Rob handling 3 girls is exactly what i said to adam :) Congrats on more pink and another pretty Stilley addition!!!

    ReplyDelete