Friday, January 25, 2013

Ashley's First Haircut

I had originally booked just a haircut for Anna since I thought it would drain me of energy to try and convince both Anna and Ashley to get a hair cut. I wasn't up for the stress. But when Ashley saw her sister handle the hair cut like a professional, when it was time to leave the hair salon, Ashley refused. She started saying, "Ashley haircut. Ashley haircut here!" There was no way I was getting this little stubborn thing out of the hair salon. I should have figured it would happen this way; "monkey see, monkey do!"
So we waited around 45 minutes for the next opening and then it was Ashley's turn. She picked the Lightening McQueen car and watched the movie Cars. I wouldn't say she was as calm as Anna but she did a really good job. I think she only stood up and tried to climb out of the car 2 times and was easily distracted by the lollipop bin.  In the end, she too got around 2 inches cut off. It was much harder for me to see Ashley's hair go because it was really beautiful. Anna's was dry and damaged but Ashley's was still healthy. But she needed a good trim and she's awfully cute with the new cut!




And I hadn't promised Ashley a Snow White doll or any toy for that matter but two hours or so after we got home, Anna says to me, "Ashley never got a Snow White Doll. That's not fair mommy." So right then and there I ran down to my stash of toys and got Ashley her Snow White Barbie doll. She was all smiles!


Much Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment