Thursday, January 3, 2013

Ashley's 2's and Anna's 3

We have reached a point in our girls lives where I believe they are both entering the terrible 2's/3's at the same time. And it gets rough. I mean they are both amazing kids and super sweet, but WOW don't mess with my girls is all I have to say (it looks like they have a lot of their stubborn and feisty mommy in them).

Examples:

They fight over everything one day but the next day are best friends for life and share everything.

They grab things out of each others hands, hit each other, make mean faces at each other and make weird noises at each other. And I mean they FEED off each other when doing this.

Tantrums. Anna is almost past this point (hers tend to not last long) but Ashleys can last up to 20 minutes. She's only had a couple but of course it started when we were in public and I didn't let her have something she wanted from the store. Well she's shrieking as I check out and shrieking on the car ride home. Then after we get out of the car she proceeds to continue shrieking and to walk out of the garage, into the street, up the cul-de-sac and down the road to the next cul-de-sac before I stop her. Oh yeah, in the freezing cold SNOW! Anna and I are trudging along hoping that she blows her steam off quickly. Anna is walking right next to her saying, "I know Ashley. It's hard. It's hard." Finally I had to pick Ashley up and walk back home where she continued to cry for 10 minutes by the back door. Then out of no where she was back to being my smiley, happy little girl. WOW is all I have to say!

I hope this stage goes by fast and that I keep my calm. It reminds me of something my friend Ashley posted on her blog a month or two ago....

No matter how tough your journey is, there is no turning back as a parent. YOU are your child's morning, noon, and night. Rise each day and await the unexpected. Anticipate that you will experience moments of overwhelming frustration, anger, and indecision, yet they will be tempered with glimpses of wonder, joy, and a love that can only come from the hug of a child. Embrace all of it because without those valleys, the peaks would not be as spectacular.

Yeah, it's so true but I just wish it was that easy!

Much Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment