Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A-N-N-A!

When picking up Anna from Mother's Day Out today, I ran into the preschool director and she shared this story about Anna that happened today in class with me.

They were making I-Spy bottles (which are pretty cool) and they were trying to pick out the letters to their name. One of the teachers asked if anyone knew how to spell their name and Anna's hand shot up into the air. They called on her and she got so excited that she held up a piece of paper that she had just written her name on and showed the class her name while shouting "A-N-N-A, Anna!" And that's not it; right after she goes, "and Mommy. M-O-M-M-Y," while pointing at the word Mommy she had just written. I guess Anna was super proud! The preschool director said they were all pretty amazed. I just giggled proudly, oh my Anna Banana.



Much Love,
Jenny

PS The next day Anna was making Valentine's and she had written Daddy all by herself. Later that evening I asked her if she could spell Daddy and without looking at anything she said, after thinking for a minute,"D-A-D-D-Y!" That was the first time I had seen/heard her spell his name! We got super excited!!!! She then asked me how to spell Belle and I told her. She didn't know how to draw a B so I explained it to her. Hours later she asked, "Mommy, you make a B by making a line and then a half circle like a P and then another half circle?" She had explained writing a B the EXACT same way I had taught her! Blows my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment