Monday, March 28, 2011

Unbelievable!

No one is going to believe me, but since it has happened twice now, I will share it!

About a week or so ago, Ashley was doing tummy time. I had propped her up on her arms to help her lift her head up high and a couple minutes after doing so, she was rolling to her side and then her back. I called Rob, but wrote it off as luck since her arms were propped under her.

Since then, whenever we do tummy time I am very careful not to prop her up on her arms so she doesn't give me a false roll over. But today, as she was laying completely on her belly with arms out to her side, about ten minutes into tummy time she brings her right arm in under her and starts doing the crawl movements with her legs. Minutes later she has kicked herself to her side and, yep you see where I am heading, she kicks herself ALL THE WAY OVER TO HER BACK! I was so excited- Anna and I did the excited Dance! But then I couldn't believe it.... what almost 7 week old can roll over from her belly to her back? I mean Anna didn't do that until she was at least 4 months old- I know... yada yada yada,,, every child is different.... yada yada... try not to compare them BUT I still can't believe Ashley rolled over so early... she is super strong and likes tummytime but still. I just wish I had video to show it!

Let ma take a moment..... OK... I just found out that according to Baby Center milestones, babies can roll over belly to back as early as 2 months but back to belly around 5-6 months.... So maybe I am not completely crazy after all! She's just a week shy of 2 months! Way to go Ashley!

I am sure it will be another couple of months before she does it again but for right now I am pretty proud of my baby girl!

Much Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment