Tuesday, March 8, 2011

One Month Old

 Happy One Month Old To ME!!!!!!!!


 Sleeping
I am a sleeper!! At about one week old, I started a sleep pattern. I was pretty much asleep for all the night and day (except waking to eat) except from 9 am to around eleven and from 5 pm to around 8pm. Of course these varied day by day, but I stayed pretty consistent with that schedule. During the night, I have sleep anywhere from 3 to 6 hours at between feedings. The last 2 weeks or so, I pretty consistently have been waking around 2:30 am and 5:45 am to feed. Mommy is really proud of how I wake up, eat, get my diaper change and fall back asleep all within 45 minutes. I love being swaddled and I love sleeping in my newborn napper with the vibration- it really makes for a great night's sleep!

Eating
I LOVE to eat! I am a barracuda! I eat about every 2 1/2 to 3 hours during the day. I don't spit up much at all, am a decent burper (mommy says I can burp like a frat boy!) and am drinking around 3 1/2 - 4 ounces from a bottle at a feeding. Sometimes I get way to comfortable when eating and fall asleep- this really throws off how hungry I am at my next feeding! But don't worry- I make up for it!

Routine
I started a daily "routine," if you want to call it that, about a week after I was born. I would wake up around 5:45 for my morning feeding and then go back to sleep until 9ish. I would then be awake for a couple of hours, sleep and then wake back up around 5ish. I would then cluster eat at night and go down for bed around 9ish.


Things I am Doing!
*more alert to people things around me
*love looking at lights
*turn to mommy and daddy's voice
*I rock at Tummytime. Both mommy and daddy think I am super strong! I can hold my head up for probably 15 seconds on the floor and when sitting on someone's chest.
*My favorite way to be held is on my belly with my head on someone's shoulder or cradled in your arms. I LOVE my back being patted- especially when in these positions.
*I have had my bad diaper rash/tear for 3 weeks now.... it won't go away. It doesn't hurt me but mommy and daddy think it just looks so painful! hopefully the Bag Balm will heal it soon!
*I really don't cry much- I am a pretty content little baby unless I am hungry or tired! But when I cry.... I cry like a screech owl!

Love,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment