Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ashley's Baptism

This past Sunday, I was baptized at Cure of Ars Catholic Church alongside my big cousin, Matthew. It was a happy day filled with so much fun! And some water being poured on my head....


 So many Fimmen family members came into Kansas City for my very special day! My mommy's cousin Colleen flew in from Chicago to be my godmother and mommy's brother, Uncle Tom, came from Dallas to be my godfather- he also came to see his son Matt get baptized too!!!!! My mommy's Grandma Fimmen (Gi Gi to the us) came in from Ohio and my Great Aunt Pat and Great Uncle Jim drove in from Minnesota. My mommy's cousin Patrick, who is Matt's godfather, flew in from Ohio. It was great meeting some of my out of town Fimmen family!!!

As for the in town relatives, grandma and grandpa, grammy and poppy, Aunt Anne, Uncle Todd and Kate, Uncle Aaron, Aunt Laura and Henry all made it! And all of daddy's Stilley side aunts, uncles and cousins joined us for the mass and celebration luncheon. It meant SO much to mommy and daddy to have so many family members be there to support me! Mommy's friend Stephanie and her family were at the mass too!

I was such a good girl, not crying once during the mass.... not even when they poured the cold water on me! I wore my mommy's Grandpa Walsh's baptismal dress; the same dress that Anna, mommy and grandma wore.I looked beautiful :)
It was a super special day to be baptized with my cousin Matt! Thanks for coming everyone!

Love,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment