Sunday, February 14, 2010

Shopping with COUPONS!

A quick recap on my new addictio (if you want SUPER details email me or give me a call- I could write a book on my last two days as a Rookie!)

Friday and Saturday morning, Anna and I hopped into the car and started our new weekly tradition of bargain hunting at Target, Walgreen's, CVS, Price Chopper and Wal-mart. And WOW is it tiring!!! After our first venture to Walgreen's I was on top of the world thrilled with my savings; I did several fist pumps in the air when I got to my car as I looked over my receipt!! But after I failed in using my Walgreen's rewards at the second Walgreen's, I felt defeated and confused...... what was I doing wrong with this so called "bargain shopping?"

Well, my question was answered around an hour later when in Target I ran into another fellow coupon lady at the customer service line (according to her that is where we run into our fellow coupon moms!) She was super nice and filled me in on all the ins and outs of understanding the nearby stores coupon policies... and let me just tell you... it is an ART! After she helped me figure out Walgreen's Reward policy I went on the prowl....

2 different Targets, 5 different Walgreen's and 4 different transactions (within 2 different trips) to Babies 'R Us, I can say I am OFFICIALLY on my way to mastering this ART of coupons!!! Just don't ask how much the gas money cost (actually I didn't even get through a half tank of gas.)

And this is what I got. Notice the price I paid after discount (sale, clearance, store coupons, manufacturer coupons or rebates) BELOW each picture! Oh and the things pictured are regular sized.... NOT small trail sized!

Bought these for my mom at Babies R Us..... cost me $3.21


Bought this stuff for me at Babies R Us for a bargain price of $15.16

Bought this stuff at Target for $10.47 (regular price around $30)

Bought this stuff at Walgreen's for $37.43 (notice 4 JUMBO packs of diapers in there and 2 8x10 pics of the darling girl!)


All my deals, pictured together below, for what should have cost me $246.67. Instead it cost me.............
......$68.28

For a savings of ........ $178.38!

I got all these products for 72% OFF the regular price. Now if that isn't a deal, I don't know what is! And the awesome thing is- I USE ALL OF THIS STUFF!!! Rob even did air fist pumps when I showed him the loot and made him play "guess how much I paid for this" game! Oh what a champ! He didn't even ask where we were putting all this stuff in our house (if there is a will, there is a way!!!!)

But looking back on my last 48 hours, I would say we have enough bars of soap to last us a while, wouldn't you???? :)

Much love and luck in finding the bargains,
Jenny

2 comments:

  1. I'm SO impressed! I don't think I have the patience or the time to fully understand it all ... but maybe some day I'll come to you for help! :) I'm mostly impressed you walked out of Target spending less than $11.00! I can NEVER do that.

    ReplyDelete