Thursday, February 4, 2010

Eventful night

All within one hour....

Our Dining Room table broke.... Rob pressed on the table to help him get out of his chair to go and get seconds of dinner and CRACK! The base cracked in two different places. We ate dinner with caution and no one got hurt. As the table cracked I swear I saw in Rob's eyes both panic and dollar signs thinking, "Oh crap! Jenny's gonna want to buy a new one." I reassured him that we did not need to buy a replacement anytime soon.... just one step closer to my dining room set (and hutch) that I have always dreamed of!

Then we had to make Peanut vomit.... I had put a bag of Brazil nuts in my diaper bag and Peanut found them and ate around 15 Brazil nuts.... I started panicing thinking that they were toxic and that he was going to die a slow painful death or that it was going to require another $200 trip to the vet. But we lucked out! We called the emergnecy vet and they told us they were not toxic and then asked if I had ever made a dog vomit (ummm... no). They told me to squirt 2 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide down his throat and let him heave it all up (sounds fun, huh?) 5 minutes later, Peanut was puking his guts out into a bowl while I sat by his side reassuring him that I did this to him because I loved him. 10 minutes later, he was fine and dandy and asleep on the couch. I thanked our vet for helping us out with yet another Peanut trauma and then headed to Price Chopper.

I drove around Price Chopper for 5 minutes before finding a parking spot and then had to fight off the other people in the meat department getting the "weekend specials."

Crazy night... I need a drink!

Much Love,
Jenny

3 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel any better, I've cleaned up Minnie's vomit 2x this week ... and not because I made her do it :(

    You deserve a relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Peanut; and poor you!! (I know where those Brazil nuts came from too.) Have you ever thought -- Peanut seems to be the more challenging one of your two children. :-)
    Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete