Sunday, August 14, 2016

First Day of School Recap

All three started school this past Thursday and all 3 had a fabulous first day!





Rob dropped Ashley off at her room first. She put her backpack up, gave daddy kisses and then headed to her seat for seat work. When I came in to say goodbye, she was all smiles and quietly busy coloring. Kissing hands were given and I was out the door.

When I picked her up, Ashley described her time at Kindergarten as the "bestest day ever" and asked if she could stay longer! I told her I'd miss her to much if she did full day and she told me, "just 100 seconds longer mommy!" She had the biggest smile on her face, talked about how she played by herself at recess since it was too hot to do anything and how she can't wait to go back everyday. She said during seat work she taught herself to count by 10's all the way to 100 and then showed me about 10 times how she can count by 10's. She was super, super excited about her new found knowledge that she gained from reading the number box on her table. Can't wait to see this one blossom this year!






I dropped Anna off at her classroom first. As she walks in, several of her friends who were already doing seat work looked up and yelled, "Anna!!!" Mrs. Lowman said, "Wow Anna, looks like you have quite the fan club in here." Anna smiled and waved a shy wave to all her friends and then sat down and started on her school work. Kissing hands were given and then I was out the door :)

When I picked Anna up from school, we went with Clare and Ms. Christina to Sonic for a special drink celebration. When she saw me at pick up she was so excited! She told me, "I love full day momma." She later went on to tell me she had computer/REAL as her specials (she loves having 2 specials a day), that she became better friends with Emerson, she found Mia and Clare on the playground, she had corn dogs, strawberry, peas, happy fave potatoes and cantaloupe and that she can't wait to go back.


Abby had a "soft start" day and was at Hilltop from 9-10:30 while I attended meetings at the building. She was so excited to bring Daddy and I to her first day of school and was literally running to get there. Once inside she managed to lead us to her room. She entered her room, hung up her backpack and went straight to some bristle blocks and started building. We said our goodbyes; she barely looked up at us as we walked out of the room. Just like that.... that never happened last year. I think she's very excited to be at her "big, new school" and look forward to her time there.

When I picked her up she was on the playground. She didn't see me for a while so I got to watch her play a little until she spotted me. And then she RAN to me with a huge smile!!!!!!! Her para, Mrs Jacqueline, came up to me and said Abby is her cuddle bug and had a great first day. She said at the beginning of the day Abby wanted nothing to do with her but shortly warmed up to her, never wanting to leave her side. This made me SO happy to see her form an early connection with a teacher who will be with her daily. When I asked Abby what she thought of her school she said, "Super!!!" She can't wait to go back again!






No comments:

Post a Comment